Friday 16 May 2014

Camping Cheesecake - Cherry Ripe

We have been eating pretty healthily so far on our trip, but sometimes you just feel like something sweet. Normally I would make some dessert in the camp oven, but there have been so many places we can't have a fire. So I thought what could I make with limited ingredients that would satisfy that sweet craving? I decided to try a really simple cheesecake. It ended up only having 4 ingredients, it was supposed to have 5 but it seems may be I need glasses as I picked up the garlic & parsley sour cream instead of the plain one!!

Cherry Ripe Cheesecake

Makes 2 small cheesecakes in small pie tins

Ingredients
- 10 Anzac biscuits crushed
- 2 tablespoons of butter melted 
- 1/2 a family block of chocolate melted (I used cherry ripe)
- 1 tub of spreadable cream cheese (I used low fat)

Directions
- line your pie tins with glad wrap. 
- combine the crushed biscuits & melted butter & line the bottom of the tins, pressing it in.  




- melt the chocolate, allow to cool slightly & then stir through the cream cheese. 
- spoon chocolate cheese mix onto the biscuit base. 


- cover in more glad wrap & put in the fridge to set for at least 4 hours. 
- remove glad wrap & remove from tins & serve. 

Sorry for the average photo, it was taken at night with my iPhone. You can just see the cherry ripe chunks in it, yum!

Changes
- I was going to make 4 cheesecakes so made enough biscuit base for 4 originally. 
- I was going to add a small tub of sour cream to the chocolate & cream cheese mix but I bought the wrong kind so didn't end up with enough mix for 4 cheesecakes. 
- I put the extra biscuit base on top of the cheesecake, making it more like a slice. 
- you could use any type of chocolate you like. 
- I used dark (cherry ripe) & would probably next time add a tablespoon of sugar to the cheese mix to make it slightly sweeter, if you used milk or white chocolate I don't think you wound need the sugar. 
- you could use any type of biscuits crushed for the base. 

These turned out really great considering they only had 4 ingredients. We ended up cutting each one in half to share as it was pretty rich. I will definitely make this again & experiment with chocolate flavours, the possibilities are endless, yum!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment